Friends, ‘ME’ time is TRULY important. Everyone deserves peace, a mental break, and quiet time.
While sitting in my car on my lunch break, I relax and take in this one hour piece of peace, my peace. If you haven’t noticed, we are constantly on the move. Whether it’s at the job, home or just out enjoying the day. We are ALWAYS moving in some type of way and never tell ourselves to sit down and get a peace of mind. Now, I’m no expert on health, but when it comes to my ‘me’ time, I am pretty selfish with it. Below I will list a few things that I do to get some ‘me’ time in.
- Listen to calming music (I prefer smooth R&B all day, every day lol)
- Go to a quiet area (car, empty room at home, etc.)
- Watch YouTube videos (yes, I can laugh, smile and get my life with vlogs)
- In complete darkness (this may be weird, but try it! Imagine yourself in your room or specific area with everything off and in complete quietness and darkness.. the best feeling)
- Starbucks date with myself (Although this may not be ideal for some, but the music and the aroma does me just fine)
These are just a few things that I do to rest my mind and relax a bit whenever I feel that I’m doing too much. I constantly need ‘me time’ lol! It could be the introvert in me. Some days you need to renergize and step away.
So, I’m curious. What are some things you do to get that ‘me’ time in?