Being a December baby can some times be bittersweet. It's the last month of the year and it's time to prepare for the upcoming year. As times goes by and it gets closer to my birthday, I never fail to wonder where in the hell did the time go!!! 2017 JUST got here and now its time for another year.
This year was my GOLDEN year aka my 25th and I can say I felt different. And that's a good thing! I'm 26 today (whew!) I wanted to share a 25 things that I have learned about myself and life so far in these 20-somethings. I'm really an adult yall! LOL! Most of the time I'm in my own little world just being and thinking about a bunch of stuff. Before we get into this list I'm definitely toasting to a great year of fun, self-evaluation, trying to do things the best way I know how, taking risks, and love!
Let's get into it... & these are in no particular order...
- As fast as times goes, especially in this adult world, NO NEED IN WAITING TO START ANYTHING. I don't care if it's small or big. WE have to take those necessary steps into creating the life WE want to have. Got to start somewhere.
- HONESTY. I'm on the road to always being honest. Honest with myself, my friends, co-workers, etc. Honest in truth not to belittle or shame.
- LIVE MY BEST LIFE. These four words have been circling everywhere I know, but really think about those words. I want to make sure I'm not leaving this earth empty. I want to truly leave this earth knowing that I got the chance to travel, take risks, laughed, loved, and lived the way I wanted to. Whatever your definition is of to live, make that happen.
- REMIND YOURSELF OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.
- I'm still figuring life out. And to be honest, I'm just NOW getting on the path of KINDA figuring out my plan. I'm not ashamed.
- I'm a hopeless romantic. I just love love and relationships. It is what it is.
- I'm longer missing out on opportunities or things I enjoy. Even if I have to go by myself.
- YouTube vlogs makes me happy and keeps me sane. (hint hint)
- Make those mistakes. Chile foreva foreva we will make mistakes. Learn and grow from them.
- Talk to people and learn from them and vice versa. Please PLEASE don't be ashamed of your life story.
- Leave that comfort zone.
- Do the best I can. Nothing will ever be perfect. I feel that as long as awareness and progress are happening I'm good.
- What is important to me I will be very passionate about. Whatever is important to you trust me, you will go hard for it.
- Grow into having healthy discussions and disagreements. I'm not always right, somebody have already experienced what you're going through, listen and be open, disagreements aren't always bad. Healthy and grown discussions show maturity.
- Relationships and friendships can be rekindled.
- My friends are the shit. Point. Blank. Period.
- Laugh at yourself. You'll find out how silly you are.
- I'm still young and can do WHATEVER I want without an explanation.
- Black is SO BEAUTIFUL. I have never felt so comfortable in my skin until now.
- To travel is to experience the culture and not always to "spend a check."
- Don't let people stress you.
- PROTECT YOUR PEACE.
- Surround yourself with positive energy. Always.
- Being respectful and having manners are more than important. Speak to people.
- Love Yourself, all ways, ALWAYS. Word from Alex Elle.
I could literally go on and on... LOL! 25 has truly taught me ALOT and has had me thinking about not only my present but my future as well. I haven't always seen life as "you can do whatever you want to do" until NOW! I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. This is a gem. Life can be as hard or as free.. choose the route you want to take. I'm choosing free and everything I want it to be. Let's not leave this earth on empty and not fulfilling our desires.
Cheers to 26!